And now, the news:
- Political unrest in Papua New Guinea may be preventing rapid passage of the countrys SWF Bill.
- Medvedev may raid Russias National Welfare Fund (set up to pre-fund pensions) for domestic infrastructure.
- The China Investment Corporation and Singapores GLP are creating a JV to acquire 15 Japanese logistics firms.
- It looks like most of Libyas frozen assets will be thawed in the coming month. And, on that note, the Libya Investment Authority is apparently back at work, as it just cut a deal with Indonesias Medco.
- In case youre into this sort of thing, as I am, heres South Carolina Retirement Systems annual report.
- Why is it the only time I read about the Brunei Investment Agency is in stories about hotels? Is this all the BIA owns? Or is there something particularly transparent about the hotel industry?