First, Ive written another paper with my good friend Gordon Clark. This one is entitled Financial Institutions, Information, & Investing-At-A-Distance. We advance the theory and practice of financial intermediation in the context of increasingly distant investment opportunities. I hope you find it useful. Comments and criticism welcom.
Second, here's today's news:
- PGGM continues to try to quantify the social benefit of their financial investments.
- The SWF debate in Australia starts again.
- Mercer tells NBIM that long-term climate risks warrant investing in infrastructure, timberland, agriculture and more.
- CPPIB posts 6.6% returns for the year and has $160.2 billion in AUM.
- Qatar will deposit $200 million in the Bulgarian CB to demonstrate its commitment to invest in the country.