Here now, the news:
- This time it's legit: The China Investment Corporation really did receive $30 billion in new funds in 2011.
- Royal Bafokeng is apparently expanding its investing beyond South Africa; it will sell certain local assets to fund foreign investments.
- Korea's NPS returned 2.3% in 2011.
- What is the quarterly profit for Japan's GPIF? $7.6 billion.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec invests $300 million in Brazilian real estate.
- It seems there's some questions in Singapore about GIC and Temasek doing too much of the same thing. Does a city state need two large SWFs? Discuss.
- Maple revolutionaries: The Economist hails 'The Canadian Model'.
- According to the CICs Deputy GM: "...in the long term, or say, in the next five to ten years, CIC will mainly target emerging markets."