Let's get right to the news, shall we:
- Investors are apparently keen on farmland. Interestingly, when I was in Cape Town last week, agriculture polled as the most attractive asset class for investors.
- Here are some more details on the TRS / Bridgewater deal from the NYT's Azam Ahmed.
- The SWF debate in Nigeria seems to have '...shifted from constitutional propriety to the imperatives of efficient and sustainable management of the Fund.' I think thats positive.
- Here are some more details on the ANC's proposal for a new SWF for South Africa.
- Qatar Holding signs an MoU with Kyrgyz government; no doubt this will result in some large agriculture investments.
- Mubadala has taken full ownership of Globalfoundries.
- France appears to be using its SWF to bolster domestic rail and aerospace industries.
- Malaysias 1MDB wins its bid for power generation assets.
- US public pension assets were up 16.4% in 2011. So why is funding still low?