Hello Auckland: So nice to be here! How about some local news to get things going:
- The Wall Street Journal is reporting that New Zealand may be looking abroad for a new Central Bank chief.
- Harvard Management Company's New Zealand dairy farm is turning a tidy profit. Kudos.
OK thats all I got in terms of local news. Heres the rest:
- The CIC reasserts its lack of interest in EU sovereign debt.
- GIC and Quebecs Caisse are teaming up to try to acquire Axa.
- Alaskan Governor Parnell invokes Churchill in his plea for the APFC to divest from ALL companies doing business in Iran.
- West Virginia's Senate is considering a new Bill to establish a Future Fund.
- CPPIB just reported its latest assets under management figure: $153.74 billion.
- SOFAZ looks to real estate in Europe.
- CalSTRS scolds Facebook's Board for being a boys club.
- CalPERS is looking to eliminate a committee that does the exact same thing as another committee.
- I'll believe this story (about CIC getting $50 billion) when the CIC confirms it. (Here's why)