Here now, the news:
- Betting on a bad year, the Australia Future Fund has moved a significant portion of its assets to cash.
- At the end of 2011, Chile had $18 billion stashed in its two SWFs.
- Dutch pension giant APG has launched a new industry-wide DC pension platform with ABN AMRO.
- OMERS Ventures has helped to launch a venture incubator called "Extreme Startups". (Mmmm. I think I need a Mountain Dew.)
- CalSTRS has been told to lower its expected return (i.e., discount rate) from 7.75 to 7.5.