Hello from the surprisingly lovely Mexico City. Im now headed home for a the weekend. For those looking for some reading, here you go:
- Growth Companies: The Qatar Investment Authority is participating in the Uber fundraise. Its increasingly common for SWFs to get into growth companies.
- HR Bingo: The QIA has a new CEO! And Sheikh Abdullah bin Mohamed bin Saud al-Thani was his name-o.
- Selfie: Where Im looking for catalysts to change the investment business.
- The Law: The 5 words keeping Och Ziff up at night: US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. And the Libyan soap opera continues.
- Divestment Diss: According the highly ethical sovereign fund in Norway, divestment from fossil fuels is largely pointless for the fund and the climate.
- Reorganization: As CPPIB has grown in terms of people and complexity, its now decided to undertake a broad reorganization of internal reporting.
- Pension Consolidation: The London Pensions Fund Authority and the Lancashire County Pension Fund have joined forces in a first step towards a major UK SWF.
- Misaligned: CalSTRS is pissed about private equity GPs passing their fines on to LPs to pay.
- Bailouts: The Russian sovereign fund has bailed out Gazprombank to the tune of $770 million.
- New SDFs: Apparently the EU will soon have its own Strategic Investment Fund to catalyze EU industries.
- Priorities: The State of Massachusetts has agreed to give a raise to the CEO of the states pension. It seems nature given he largely holds the states financial health in his hand. His new salary will be about 50% of what the State pays the public university football coach.
- Agent Based Models: The US Office of Financial Researchs 2014 annual report has an interesting review of Agent Based Models in risk management on p74. Worth a gander.
Have a great weekend!