- New SWFs I: Egypt will launch a Temasek-style sovereign development fund to hold the government's stakes in nine state-owned enterprises; the idea here is to facilitate SOE restructuring.
- New SWFs II: PNG has reportedly dropped its plans to launch a new SWF from LNG revenues.
- New SWFs III: Saskatchewan is preparing legislation for a new "Future Fund."
- Infrastructure: "Financing infrastructure is falling out of favor with banks. Can other investors plug the gap?" Yes.
- Collaboration: The India-Saudi Investment Fund, with $750M and a mandate to invest in Indian infra, exists. I did not know that.
- SDFs: The Palestine Investment Fund will own 25% of an oil exploration JV focused on the West Bank. ...
- Seeds of Change: CalPERS will be launching a new emerging manager program for PE.
- Restructuring: Sweden's restructured AP system will be fully implemented by 2016; it will be an interesting 18 months!
- Long-Termism: Here's why all investors should try to become long-term investors.
Have a great weekend.