Welcome to the weekend! Heres some news for your reading enjoyment:
- Governance Tip: How can public pension funds keep private equity talent for less than $200k per year? Its simple. They cant.
- Hostilities: The Qatar Investment Authoritys hostile bid for Songbird and Canary Wharf is likely to be rejected...again.
- Government Ventures I: China is launching a new government venture capital fund with $6.5 billion to support start-ups in emerging industries.
- Government Ventures II: Ireland is pulling together a new 85 million venture fund for life sciences.
- Trains: The China Investment Corporation is investing in Russian railways; specifically Moscow-Kazan, which could be the first step in a Moscow-Beijing high-speed rail route.
- The Fee Machine: With hedge funds, youre certain of the high costs but uncertain about the return..., says the latest big pension to divest from the asset class.
- Selfie: Investors need to take their own innovation far more seriously than they have been. Itll start with two little letters.
- Filling Buckets? The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is putting $234 million into Chinese real estate developments.
- AuM: Clunky pension contribution rules mean that the increase in private placements in China is limiting inflows into National Social Security Fund.
Have a great weekend!