Here now, the news:
- Harvard is creating an alternative endowment for
alumni that want their donated money invested according to
- Mozambique has plans to create a new sovereign wealth
- China has scrapped its QFII restrictions for
sovereign funds and central banks of foreign
- That NYCTRS is committing $1
billion to the Sandy Reconstruction effort is nice... But is it
within the pension fund's mandate? I'm not so sure...
- European pensions are cutting their illiquid exposure just as, it
seems to me, North American funds are ramping them up.
- The portfolio companies of Kazakhstan's
Samruk-Kazyna are expanding
- The OECD has called on Australia to launch a new
stabilization fund to smooth mining revenues and avoid
And then heres some interesting research:
- Heres a paper wherein I (with some co-authors) try
to develop a creative financing vehicle ("iCoop) to help investors access
infrastructure opportunities on an aligned basis.
- Heres a new paper that examines the firm-level
implications of equity purchases by the state. It's worth a
- Heres an interesting paper examining the governance
challenges associated with sustainable investment policies
among institutional investors.
Have a nice weekend!