This content is from: Corner Office
Weekend Giant Reading: January 15 – 17, 2016
Welcome to the weekend, everybody! Here are some of the top stories from the past week for your reading enjoyment.
Welcome to the weekend, everybody! Here are some of the top stories from the past week for your reading enjoyment:
- In-Sourcing: Japans Giant Government Pension Investment Fund is putting the governance pieces in place to facilitate a direct investment approach for equities. Smart.
- Buffering I: It may seem an odd time for Saudi Arabia to decide to set up a new sovereign wealth fund, but thats precisely what theyre reportedly doing. My guess is that they now see very clearly the utility of buffer funds and wealth diversification . . .
- Buffering II: With oil prices sliding, Middle Eastern sovereign funds are also selling assets that I never expected to see them sell. For example, the Qatar Investment Authority is apparently planning to sell its stake in Canary Wharf.
- A Mighty Wind: Canadas CDPQ owns an offshore wind farm that just set a new record for the amount of clean electricity produced. Sounds really windy!
- Global Growth Hunting I:Malaysias Khazanah plans to boost its international presence in the year ahead to find growth opportunities.
- Global Growth Hunting II: CDPQ is following CPPIBs lead and is setting up a new office in India.
- Global Growth Hunting III:Texas Teachers has a new head for its London Office. Yes, Texas Teachers now has a London office. Yes, its the only American pension fund to have one.
- Humans Resourced I:Ontario Teachers has appointed an outsider as its new CIO.
- Humans Resourced II: The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority has finally found a new head for its private equity team.
- Humans Resourced III: TIFF continues to poach top talent from the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation.
Have a great weekend!