This content is from: Opinion
The Daily Brief
Today's news of note...
Here now, the news:
- Yelena Bakhmutova is the new CEO of Kazakhstans SWF Samruk-Kazyna. Heres the official press release. And heres a relatively recent CV.
- OTPP is apparently building out its London office; its just hired a new private equity specialist to take the helm.
- Interesting to see Malaysia's Khazanah Nasional investing in Turkey's healthcare sector: Just invested about $1 billion in ASYH.
- And check out this new amazing research paper entitled Sovereign Wealth Funds: Form and Functions in the 21st Century. Its really a must read for everyone thats ever heard the words sovereign, wealth or fund...whether they were said together or individually. (Full disclosure: I wrote it.)
- Just in case that last one is a bit too nerdy or obscure (yeah, thats right, I dare you to read it), you should check out this new paper by Jason Mosley entitled Peace, Bread and Land: Agricultural Investments in Ethiopia and the Sudans.