Here now, the news:
- The WSIBs investment staff has been... 'threatened in Rio, swept up in a Nigerian riot, and almost kidnapped in Southeast Asia.'
- Why are SWFs so popular in Africa at the moment? Because they're needed. Exhibit A: "East Africa stands on the edge of one of the largest energy discoveries in modern times, but is ill-prepared to manage it." Read this.
- Gonski is apparently reshaping the Future Fund to look and feel more like a large, listed company.
- CPPIB boss to UK pensions: 'Consolidate, go long and invest in infrastructure.'
- Here is some really creative infrastructure financing coming out of Chicago.
- CalPERS is considering broadening the reach of its timber portfolio.