Some Friday news!
- The Falkland Islands is now expecting up to $167B in revenues from oil. The UK may get that SWF yet. And Argentina won't be pleased.
- Panama is getting closer to its new SWF. Source of funds? The new Canal will create an additional $1B every year.
- Israel's Cabinet will formally consider a plan for a new SWF funded from looming gas revenues.
- Temasek will offer project financing to Singapore companies working in the developing world.
- Two nice SWF related articles over on IPE today. One on NBIM. One on CIC.
- UN: "Subsidiaries (of the Libyan Investment Authority) are no longer covered by the asset freeze."
- NBIM is showing off its transparency here with a real time AUM tracker. Looks like it's getting ready to cross $600B!
- According to the WSJ: "CPP Expects To Double Fund Size In Next 7-10 Years." Math tells me that the same could be said for 93 U.S. funds with return targets over 7.25%...