Here now, the news:
- Role Models: Dear Oregon: Please pass House Bill 4144! America's public pensions need a role model; and the new Oregon Investment Council could be just that.
- New SWFs: Taiwan's MoF is taking a look at the pros and cons of a new SWF.
- Infrastructure: Nigeria's NSIA has established five subsidiaries to foster multi-sector infrastructure investments.
- Drawdowns: The Alberta government is taking $1 billion from its Heritage Savings Trust Fund to fight poverty and aid agriculture.
- Foreign Offices: Oh snap! The CIC is thinking of moving its North American base to New York from Toronto.
- SDFs: Ireland formally launched its new SDF this week: The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund.
- Recovering Markets I: The $97B Oz Future Fund has increased its exposure to the recovering United States real estate market.
- Recovering Markets II: Abu Dhabi's Mubadala has plans to re-focus on North America and Europe; first time since the GFC.
- Recovering Markets III: As Bahrain's Mumtalakat returns to profitability, it's also returning to international markets.
- Over-Funding? HOOP's underfunding level is now at ... Wait hold on. What's that? It's over-funded? By 24 percent? Never mind. Carry on.
- Collaboration: The Islamic Development Bank will collaborate with the Kuwait Investment Authority on investments in Morocco.
- Legitimacy: Norway's SWF is taking heat over it's big PE investment in F1. I might be wrong, but Im guessing this is because it's not allowed to make PE investments.
- London: The IFSWF has apparently decided to set up its secretariat in London.
- Governance: Kazakhstan's SWF, Samruk Kazyna, has joined the International Forum of SWFs as a full member.
- Direct Lending: Heres how the Giants can help SMEs in tight credit markets.
Have a great weekend!