Among the 285 individuals who appear on Institutional Investors 2015 All-America Research Team are 30 newcomers including two who debut atop their respective sectors. J. Michael Webber Jr. of Wells Fargo Securities is the inaugural winner in the new Shipping sector, while Evercore ISIs Umer Raffat shoots straight in at No. 1 in Pharmaceuticals/Specialty.
These fresh faces hail from 16 firms. RBC Capital Markets is home to the highest number of previously unranked analysts, with six, while Evercore ISI lays claim to four.
Patrick Duffy Fischer of Barclays earned recognition in each of the past three years as a Rising Star of Wall Street Research. Evercore ISIs Raffat and Eric Sheridan of UBS garnered similar acclaim in each of the past two years. Alethia Young of Deutsche Bank Securities was dubbed a Rising Star last year.
Here is the full list of analysts marking their first appearances on the All-America Research Team:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
* Stephen Suttmeier, Technical Analysis (runner-up)
* Patrick Duffy Fischer, Chemicals (runner-up)
* Scott Gaffner, Paper & Packaging (runner-up)
* Manav Patnaik, Business, Education & Professional Services (runner-up)
Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
* Lisa Ellis, Computer Services & IT Consulting (runner-up)
Cowen and Co.
* Philip Nadeau, Biotechnology/Mid- & Small-Cap (runner-up)
* Douglas Schenkel, Life Science & Diagnostic Tools (runner-up)
* Craig Siegenthaler, Brokers, Asset Managers & Exchanges (runner-up)
Deutsche Bank Securities
* Alethia Young, Biotechnology/Mid- & Small-Cap (runner-up)
* Jonathan Chappell, Shipping (runner-up)
* Umer Raffat, Pharmaceuticals/Specialty (first place)
* Richard Ross, Technical Analysis (third place)
* Timm Schneider, Natural Gas (runner-up)
* Douglas Mavrinac, Shipping (third place)
* Christopher Sighinolfi, Natural Gas (runner-up)
KeyBanc Capital Markets
* Tahira Afzal, Engineering & Construction (runner-up)
* Howard Liang, Biotechnology/Mid- & Small-Cap (runner-up)
* Cory Kasimov, Biotechnology/Mid- & Small-Cap (third place)
* Harlan Sur Jr., Semiconductor Capital Equipment (runner-up)
* Fotis Giannakoulis, Shipping (second place)
* Evan Kurtz, Metals & Mining (runner-up)
Piper Jaffray & Co.
* Joshua Schimmer, Biotechnology/Mid- & Small-Cap (runner-up)
RBC Capital Markets
* Jonathan Atkin, Telecom Services (runner-up)
* Gerard Cassidy, Banks/Large-Cap (runner-up)
* Scott Hanold, Oil & Gas Exploration & Production (runner-up)
* Daniel Perlin, Computer Services & IT Consulting (runner-up)
* Mark Sue, Telecom & Networking Equipment (runner-up)
* Robert Wetenhall Jr., Homebuilders & Building Products (runner-up)
* Eric Sheridan, Internet (runner-up)
Wells Fargo Securities
* J. Michael Webber Jr., Shipping (first place)
The 2015 All-America Research Team reflects the opinions of a record 3,800 individuals at more than 1,000 firms, including over 90 of the 100 biggest U.S. equity managers. Our respondents manage an estimated $11.3 trillion in U.S. equities.