Today’s Agenda: The 2014 Delivering Alpha Conference
Here’s a look at what our team of editors and writers is up to today at our annual Delivering Alpha conference.
Get real-time updates on the conversations happening at the conference on our Delivering Alpha Live Blog.
7:30-8:20 a.m.: BREAKFAST AND REGISTRATION
8:20-8:30 a.m.: WELCOME
Master of Ceremonies: Tyler Mathisen, Co-Anchor, “Power Lunch” and “Nightly Business Report,” CNBC
- Diane Alfano, Chairman, Institutional Investor
- Mark Hoffman, President, CNBC
8:30-9:05 a.m.: KEYNOTE
Jacob J. Lew, The 76th United States Secretary of the Treasury
Interviewed by: Jim Cramer, Host, “Mad Money w/Jim Cramer” and Co-Anchor, “Squawk on the Street,” CNBC
*Please note: Doors will close at 8:20 a.m. sharp. No one will be permitted to enter or exit once the Treasury Secretary arrives. Doors will reopen at the conclusion of the opening keynote address.
9:05-9:35 a.m.: THE GLOBAL STAGE
Political unrest, monetary policy maneuvers, market uncertainty. Navigating an ever changing investment landscape. We’ll gather a group of world-class investors to debate and discuss opportunities and challenges across the globe.
Moderator: Kelly Evans, Co-Anchor, “Closing Bell,” CNBC
- Lee Ainslie, Chief Executive Officer, Maverick Capital
- Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Paul Marshall, Chief Investment Officer and Chairman, Marshall Wace LLP
- Jane Mendillo, President and Chief Executive Officer, Harvard Management Company
9:35-10:00 a.m.: KEYNOTE
Ken Griffin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Citadel
Interviewed by: Kate Kelly, Wall Street Reporter, CNBC
10:00-10:30 a.m.: COFFEE BREAK
10:30-11:15 a.m.: BEST IDEAS
We’ve asked some of the world’s most renowned investors to share their best, most actionable ideas. Where should you put your next dollar? Find out here.
- Leon G. Cooperman, Chairman, Omega Advisors, Inc.
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager and Chief Executive Officer, Glenview Capital Management
- Michael Novogratz, Principal and Director, Fortress Investment Group LLC
11:15-11:50 a.m.: KEYNOTE
Stanley Druckenmiller, Founder, Duquesne Capital Management and Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Duquesne Family Office LLC
Interviewed by: Joe Kernen, Co-Anchor, “Squawk Box,” CNBC
11:50-12:20 p.m.: DELIVERING DIGITAL ALPHA
The best investors can envision what others cannot. Led by Re/code’s Kara Swisher, this all-star panel separates signal from noise, filtering an increasingly crowded and euphoric space for the best ideas and trends in technology.
Moderator: Kara Swisher, Co-Executive Editor, Re/code
- Jim Breyer, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Breyer Capital and Partner, Accel Partners
- Shana Fisher, Managing Partner, High Line Venture Partners
12:20-2:20 p.m.: LUNCHEON WITH KEYNOTE
Chris Christie, The 55th Governor of New Jersey
Introduced by: M. Barry Bausano, President – Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Co-Head Global Prime Finance, Deutsche Bank
Interviewed by: John Harwood, Chief Washington Correspondent, CNBC
2:20-2:50 p.m.: KEYNOTE
John Paulson, President and Portfolio Manager, Paulson & Co. Inc.
Interviewed by: Melissa Lee, Host, “Fast Money” and “Options Action,” CNBC
2:50-3:30 p.m.: BEST IDEAS – THE NEXT GENERATION
A new generation of Alpha hunters share their top picks.
Moderator: Michael Peltz, Editor, Institutional Investor
- Josh Birnbaum, Chief Investment Officer, Tilden Park Capital Management
- Deepak Gulati, Chief Investment Officer, Argentière Capital
- Jeffrey Smith, Managing Member, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, Starboard Value LP
3:30-4:00 p.m.: THE ACTIVIST AGENDA
Moderator: Andrew Ross Sorkin, Co-Anchor, “Squawk Box,” CNBC
- Ken Moelis, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Moelis & Company
- Nelson Peltz, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer, Trian Fund Management, L.P.
4:00-4:30 p.m.: COFFEE BREAK
4:30-5:15 p.m.: KEYNOTE
Carl Icahn, Chairman, Icahn Enterprises
Interviewed by: Scott Wapner, Host, “Fast Money Halftime Report,” CNBC
5:15-5:45 p.m.: MYSTERY GUEST
5:45 p.m.: COCKTAIL RECEPTION
For more on the day’s event, visit deliveringalpha.com.