The Banking Supervision Commission's sitting on UniCredito Italiano's motion for permit to execute voting power from 71.03% in Bank BPH was adjourned on Wednesday till April 5, the KNB's head Leszek Balcerowicz said. In an evening interview with the public TV station TVP1, he said the adjournment was passed at the request of the two prosecutors who joined the sitting on Wednesday representing the ministry of justice.
Balcerowicz stressed that the commission agreed for his own proposal to put off the sitting. Potential KNB permit would pave the way for merging Pekao SA and BPH. The government, which vehemently opposes the merger plans, wants to postpone the KNB's sitting by two weeks, arguing that this should suffice to effectively appeal against Baclerowicz's last week decision not to allow a treasury representative to the proceedings as a legal party.