This content is from: Innovation

Baffinland Gets $596M Joint Offer

Luxembourg-based steel company, ArcelorMittal, has partnered with Nunavut Iron Ore Acquisition to bid for Canada’s Baffinland Iron Mines.

Luxembourg-based steel company, ArcelorMittal, has partnered with Nunavut Iron Ore Acquisition to bid for Canada’s Baffinland Iron Mines, Bloomberg reports. The consortium has offered $596 million for the Toronto-based miner.

Nunavut and ArcelorMittal had previously made competing bids of $1.46 and $1.41 per share respectively for Baffinland. The companies have agreed that ArcelorMittal will own 70% of Baffinland, while Nunavut, backed by U.S. private equity firm Energy & Minerals Group, will own the remaining 30%, adds Reuters.

Click here for the story from Bloomberg.

Click here for additional coverage from Reuters.

Related Content