This content is from: Innovation
Skandia Elects New Board, Plus Other People News
Following its acquisition by South African insurer Old Mutual, Swedish life insurer Skandia has elected five new directors to its board.
• Following its acquisition by South African insurer Old Mutual, Swedish life insurer Skandia has elected five new directors to its board. These are James Sutcliffe, Julian Roberts, Norman Broadhurst, Michael Newman and Lars Otterbeck. It has also re-elected Bjorn Bjornsson, Skandia's vice-chairman and chair of the board's auditing committee.
Julian Roberts joins the board as Skandia's new chief executive. He has been Old Mutual's group finance director since 2000. James Suttcliffe, group chief executive of Old Mutual, will chair the board.
Norman Broadhurst is a non-executive director of Old Mutual who chairs the Old Mutual Group audit committee, and Michael Newman is Old Mutual's chairman of strategic interests. Lars Otterbeck is chairman of the Industry and Commerce Stock Exchange Committee at the Stockholm School of Economics.
• U.S. motor insurer Bristol West has appointed Jeff Dailey as its new chief executive with effect from July 1. He was previously president and chief operating officer.
James Fisher, chairman and Dailey's predecessor as chief executive, will remain an executive chairman of the board. Simon Noonan will take over as chief operating officer. He was previously executive v.p. and chief product and actuarial officer.
• U.S. insurance firm First American has named Frank McMahon CFO and vice-chairman. He joins from investment bank Lehman Brothers where he was a managing director. His appointment becomes effective at the end of March.
• Tim Mikolajewski has been appointed leader and senior v.p. of Safeco Surety, a division of U.S. insurer Safeco. He was previously v.p. of contract surety. He replaces Mike Peters, who will retire in May after 38 years with the company. Peters has led Safeco Surety since 1998.
• The Ohio Casualty Insurance Company has hired Jerry Mallicoat as senior v.p. and chief marketing officer. He joins from U.S. health insurer Wellpoint, where he served as v.p. of central region marketing.
• Aon Consulting has appointed Michael Gulotta as chairman and Roger Vaughn as vice-chairman of its U.S. operations. Both positions are new. Gulotta has previously served as president and chief executive of Actuarial Sciences Associates. Vaughn will move from his position as president of Aon Consulting U.S. to take up his new role.