Let's turn now to today's top stories:
- The IMF has found Angola's missing $32 billion. Gjob, Sherlock.
- Private markets prop up OMERS' 2011 returns.
- Interesting to see ADIC and the BIA (via Fajr Capital) and QIA partnering up for clean energy investments.
- Singapores GIC continues to focus on resources.
- The CPPIB looks to be getting ready to make moves in India. Step one: Find reliable local partners. Check. Step two...
- The China Investment Corp looks to have picked up the slack in Sunshine Oilsands IPO. It bought 60% of offered shares.
- Assets under management are approaching $160 billion at the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec.
- China in Africa: When Chinese firms started in Africa, it was more driven by the political motivations of top executives of state energy giants...So the investments were made in a rushed and aggressive manner ... But (now) I think they will be more cautious when it comes to due diligence and investment decisions."