Here now, the news:
- Commercial real estate has apparently turned the corner, as the CPPIB is planning to do a handful of big deals this year.
- Texas Teachers' private equity guy makes a passionate case for...private equity.
- Harvard's Josh Lerner is on the new Supervisory Board of the Russian Direct Investment Fund.
- This 'Scotland wants its own SWF' story seems to be on a six-month rotation in my 'SWF news' feed. See you again this summer!
- Damien Frawley will apparently replace retiring Doug McTaggart as CEO of QIC.
- The Head of Real Estate is leaving the China Investment Corp for some more time with the family.
- Lots of big names still in the mix for E.ON's Open Grid Europe: ADIA, BCIMC, CDPQ, CPPIB, IFM, GIP, and Macquarie.
- Its not often you read about a Goldman Sachs Vice-Chairman being poached by a public pension fund. Then again, CPPIB isn't just any pension fund; senior staff can make over $3 million a year.