Here now, the news!
- Papua New Guinea's Parliament has passed the Sovereign Wealth Fund Bill.
- Some great timing by Australias Treasury in releasing this new study on the role of SWFs in managing resource booms!
- You know the Pak Brunei Investment Company? Yeah, me neither. But here it is! A JV between the government of Pakistan and the Brunei Investment Agency for regional investing.
- Kudos to BeyondBrics for a very interesting article on Chinese loans to Latin America: "...the costs and benefits of Chinese finance are not as one-sided as some make them out..."
- Alaska's new CIO Jay Willoughby is making a lot of sense: We can purchase something with a much longer time horizon than somebody who is going to have to sell...If you agree with me that these are our biggest competitive advantages, the trick, the important thing, is how do we leverage them...