Its been a few weeks since my last weekend reading installment. Heres what youve missed during that time:
- Green: Norways SWF may be asked by the government to sell its investments in producers and consumers of coal.
- First Mover:Omans sovereign fund already has its investment boots firmly planted in Iran.
- Ghost Ship: Nobodys running the Libyan Investment Authority!
- New SWFs: And the latest country to unveil plans for a new SWF is ... The Bahamas! (Note to the Bahamian government: I am available to come to Nassau.)
- Keeping it Real: Big sovereign funds are increasingly focused on property and infrastructure.
- Strategic Ambitions:China is launching a $5 billion fund, which will be subsidiary to the China Investment Corporation, to help export the countrys advanced industrial capacity.
- Collaboration: CalPERS and QIC have struck a $1 billion deal to collaborate on Australian infrastructure deals.
- Say What? Apparently asset managers can now sue pension funds for breach of stuff they said in conversations ... and win.
- Sabotage: If true, this story is completely nuts: Kuwait Investment Office employees apparently made huge, deliberate, bad investments.
- Selfie: The less you do ... the more you do.
Have a great weekend!