This content is from: Culture
It Was a Complicated Year for Hedge Funds — Help Us Honor the Outperformers
Nominations are now open for Institutional Investor’s 20th Annual Hedge Fund Industry Awards on May 11.
The deadline to submit nominations has been extended until March 3. Tell us who you think should be recognized at the 2023 Hedge Fund Industry Awards here.
2022 was a complicated year for hedge funds. While many strategies outperformed the public markets, others posted losses — and some were significant.
It’s against this backdrop that Institutional Investor is hosting its annual Hedge Fund Industry Awards for the 20th year.
Held on May 11 at the Mandarin Oriental in New York, the Hedge Fund Industry Awards will honor both the top hedge fund managers and leading allocators for their work during a particularly challenging year.
In some categories, like macro hedge fund manager of the year, the competition is sure to be fierce, after the strategy’s outperformance in 2022.
This is where you come in. Anyone can anonymously nominate both managers and allocators for the awards using this form — but you must do so by February 24.
To ensure your nominees stand out, II recommends including performance numbers — which will be kept private — in the submissions. Following the nomination process, II will announce a list of finalists.
Then, the winners of the hedge fund manager awards will be determined by votes from limited partners and input from Institutional Investor’s editorial committee. The allocator awards, meanwhile, will be decided based on votes from investment managers and committee input.
Those winners will be announced live at an awards ceremony on May 11, along with lifetime achievement award winners. II is also accepting nominations for this year’s Hedge Fund Rising Stars.
The hedge fund management award categories include:
- Institutional Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Emerging Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Equity-focused Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Credit-focused Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Multistrategy Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Activist Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Event-driven Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Macro Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Quantitative Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
- Most Innovative Hedge Fund Manager of the Year
The hedge fund allocator award categories include:
- Public Plan of the Year
- Corporate/Insurance Plan of the Year
- Endowment of the Year
- Foundation of the Year
- Family Office of the Year
- Health Care System of the Year
- Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Year
- Outsourced Investor of the Year
- Hedge Fund Consultant of the Year
You can nominate qualifying organizations in any of the above categories here.