Japan Trading Team
A familiar name can be found at the top of Institutional Investor’s 2023 All-Japan Trading Team: Nomura Securities Co.
The domestic firm is recognized as the No. 1 provider based on the views of buy-side traders and other investment professionals who rated their top trading and execution teams across four main categories: electronic trading, high-touch sales trading, portfolio/program trading, and Delta One/ETF.
Nomura also topped II’s corporate access survey and made top-five appearances in both the research and sales rankings. Gael Vasseur, head of global execution services in Japan for the firm, credited the bank’s overall culture and team of people as a differentiating factor in a competitive field that includes other domestic and global firms.
Institutional Investor polled traders of Japan equities asking them to rate brokers on various attributes for trading and execution and the attributes were aggregated to produce the best brokers overall.
The attributes were:
- High-Touch Sales Trading - Access to Block Liquidity
- High-Touch Sales Trading - Access to Small- & Mid-cap Liquidity
- High-Touch Sales Trading - Maintaining Order Anonymity
- High-Touch Sales Trading - Minimize Market Impact High-Touch Sales Trading - Quality of IoIs
- High-Touch Sales Trading - Service Quality
- Electronic Trading - Algorithm Customization
- Electronic Trading - Algorithm Performance
- Electronic Trading - Market Access & Transparency
- Electronic Trading - Service Quality & Support
- Electronic Trading - Transaction Cost Analysis
- Portfolio/Program Trading - Client Service Quality & Support
- Portfolio/Program Trading - Global Market Access
- Portfolio/Program Trading - Index & Portfolio Research
- Portfolio/Program Trading - Pre and Post Trade
- Portfolio/Program Trading - Reliability of Settlement/Back Office
- Delta One/ETF - Access to Differential Liquidity
- Delta One/ETF - Price Improvement