Eight companies dominated their industries in Institutional Investor’s eighth annual All-Japan Executive Team.
The 2020 ranking of the country’s best CEOs, CFOs, and investor relations professionals recognizes the top Japan-based companies across 24 industry sectors. Out of the 490 firms nominated for this year’s ranking, 61 scored highly enough to receive the designation of Most Honored Company.
Just eight swept their sectors, earning first place in each of the four categories: CEO, CFO, IR professional, and IR program.
- Fuji Oil Holdings (Beverages, Food & Tobacco)
- SoftBank Group Corp. (Broadcasting & Telecommunications)
- Nidec Corp. (Electronics/Components)
- Sony Corp. (Electronics/Consumer)
- Hitachi (Electronics/Industrial)
- Daikin Industries (Engineering & Machinery)
- Kao Corp. (Household, Cosmetics & Personal Care)
- ITOCHU Corp. (Trading Companies)
A total of almost 350 money managers and research analysts from 189 securities firms and financial institutions voted to determine this year’s ranking.