Here now, the news:
- Italy is using its new "sovereign wealth fund" to thwart a foreign takeover of Ansaldo Energia.
- Norways Norges Bank Investment Management is looking for American real estate to buy.
- The Qatar Investment Authority is reportedly paring its holdings with the expectation that markets are topping out.
- Colm Lanigan moves to the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority to launch principal investments within the private equity department.
- Uche Orji the head of Nigeria's new Sovereign Investment Authority starts work tomorrow. Good luck to him.
- Public pension funding levels continue to worsen in the United States. Guess they better get some riskier assets... Right? Sigh.
- Yes, Blackstone, if your staff has a billion dollars to put in one of your funds, that's aligned. Its utterly mind boggling... but aligned.