MGM China Holdings, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Among Big Winners on 2016 All-Asia Executive Team
Four companies sweep their sectors — capturing first place in every category in which they are eligible to compete — on the 2016 All-Asia Executive Team, Institutional Investor’s exclusive annual ranking of the region’s corporate leaders as seen through the eyes of investment professionals.
• China State Construction International Holdings, an engineering and construction outfit headquartered in Hong Kong, is No. 1 in Industrials.
• Kerry Logistics Network, a Hong Kong–based provider of freight services and warehouse operations, tops the Transportation roster.
• MGM China Holdings, a casino, hotel and resort operator in Macau, outperforms its peers in Gaming & Lodging.
• Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., the world’s largest semiconductors foundry, leads the lineup in Technology/Semiconductors.
II asks portfolio managers and sell-side analysts to name the best CEOs, CFOs and investor relations professionals at the Asia ex-Japan companies they cover, and to evaluate these businesses on several corporate governance attributes, including making board members and senior executives accessible, responding quickly and thoroughly to requests, providing timely and accurate disclosure of essential financial information and so on. Responses to these questions are aggregated to produce an overall rank for each company.
The final positions in each of the four categories — Best CEO, Best CFO, Best IR Professional and Best IR Company — are based on combined buy- and sell-side votes.
Other companies that finish in the top three in every category (and the sector in which they appear) are:
• AIA Group (Insurance)
• Beijing Enterprises Water Group (Power)
• China Oilfield Services (Oil & Gas)
• China Resources Beer (Holdings) Co. (Consumer/Staples)
• China Unicom (Hong Kong) (Telecommunications)
• Galaxy Entertainment Group (Gaming & Lodging)
• Infosys (Technology/IT Services & Software)
• JD.com (Internet)
• MediaTek (Technology/Semiconductors)
• Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (Industrials)
• Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China (Insurance)
• Sunny Optical Technology (Group) Co. (Technology/Hardware)
• Tata Consultancy Services (Technology/IT Services & Software)
The 2016 All-Asia Executive Team reflects the opinions of 1,394 investment professionals at 582 financial institutions. Respondents from the buy side work at firms that collectively manage an estimated $963 billion in Asia ex-Japan equities. Executives are cited at the companies and in the positions they held on March 18, 2016, when polling concluded.
Click on the Honored Companies link in the navigation table at right to view the most highly regarded outfits in each of the survey’s 18 sectors, ranked by each entity’s total weighted score (each first-place position is worth three points; second place, two; and third place, one). Names that are highlighted in orange have warranted recognition as a Most Honored Company, a designation awarded to those that earn two or more top-three appearances. In the accompanying table Most Honored Companies are listed above Honored Companies regardless of score.
For information on how this ranking was compiled, click on Methodology.